Street Closures due to VP Biden visit
Please be advised of the following street impactions/closures in the Downtown area for the evening commute:
- Vice President Joe Biden will be arriving at LAX from San Diego in the afternoon.
- He is scheduled to make a presentation at the Microsoft Theater at LA Live at 5 pm.
- Expect very heavy traffic delays during the evening rush hour commute.
- No bus routes will be impacted by the street closures.
- Both the Olive Street and Westlawn Garages will remain open for their normal business hours, however, alternative routes may have to be taken to access the garages. Please plan your travel times accordingly.
In downtown Los Angeles, the lower two-lane portion of eastbound 4th Street on the north side of the Westin Bonaventure Hotel will be closed between Figueroa and Flower streets from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
The upper portion of eastbound 4th Street from Beaudry Avenue, west of the 110 Freeway to Hope Street, will be restricted to vehicles and buses only from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., according to the LAPD.
In addition, traffic on the following streets will be impacted (but not closed) as follows:
- 4 to 5:30 p.m. – Imperial Highway between Vista Del Mar and Sepulveda Boulevard
- 4 to 5:30 p.m.– Figueroa and Flower streets between 3rd Street and Wilshire Boulevard
- 6 to 7:30 p.m. – Flower Street between 4th Street and Venice Boulevard
- 6 to 7:30 p.m. – Pico Boulevard between Hope Street and the 110 Freeway
- 6 to 7:30 p.m. – L.A. Live Way between Pico and Olympic boulevards
- 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – Chick Hearn Court between the 110 Freeway and Figueroa Street
- 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – Imperial Highway between Vista Del Mar and Sepulveda Boulevard