Major Street Closures Sunday, Oct 23
Please be advised that access to both the Westlawn (WG) and Olive Street Garages (OSG) will be impacted this weekend, especially on Sunday as follows:
2016 AIDS Walk LA
- Due to the 2016 AIDS Walk L. A. event there will be major street closures that will begin at 6 am on Sat. Oct 22 and last until 6 pm on Sun. Oct. 23.
- Spring St. from 3rd to Main Sts. will be closed from 6 am to 1 pm on Sun. Oct. 23.
- Main St from 9th St. to Venice Blvd. will be closed from 6 am to 1 pm. on Sun. Oct.23.
- Grand Ave. from Venice Blvd. to Temple St. will be closed from 7 am to 2 pm on Sun. Oct 23.
- Traffic will NOT be allowed to travel westbound on 5th St. from Grand Ave. to Flower St.from 7am to 2 pm on Sun. Oct. 23 (AIDS LA event) or southbound on Flowers St. from 3rd to 5th Sts. from 7 pm Fri. Oct. 21 to 5 am Mon. Oct. 24 (Regional Connector Project construction work).
- Please see the attached AIDS WALK LOS ANGELES map for addition street closures for this event.
DETOUR TO THE WESTLAWN AND OLIVE STREET GARAGES (SEE THE ATTACHED DETOUR MAP)
- WESTLAWN GARAGE—Drive westbound on 7th St which is one of the cross points of the walk event route to Figueroa St. then northbound on Figueroa to 5th Street, then eastbound on 5th St. to Flower St. and then southbound on Flower St. to the Westlawn Garage entrance.
- OLIVE STREET GARAGE—Drive westbound on 7th St which is one of the cross points of the walk event route to Olive St. then northbound on Olive st. to the Olive Street Garage.
- Please see the attached LADOT map for street closures and detour routes to the garages.
REGIONAL CONNECTOR PROJECT
- Flower St. will be closed all weekend from 3rd to 5th Sts. from 7 pm Fri. Oct. 21 to 5 am Mon. Oct. 24.
710 FREEWAY CLOSURE
- The northbound 710 Freeway will be closed from the 5 Fwy to the 60 Fwy from 10 pm Friday Oct. 21 to 4 am Monday Oct. 24.
Both the Olive Street and Westlawn Garages will remain open for their normal business hours, however, alternative routes will have to be taken to access the garages. Please see the above detours.
Expect heavy traffic in the Downtown area this weekend. Please plan your travel time accordingly and allow yourself extra time to reach your destination.
You must be logged in to post a comment.